In this lesson, you will learn how to improve the sites you control that appear on your Brand SERP.
What you’ll learn in this lesson:
- How to optimise any page from your website that ranks on the first page of search results
- The benefits of optimising the “non-SEO” pages of your site
- Which sites you own are likely to rank on your Brand SERP
- How a poor quality blog harms your site
- How to build a well-optimized and legitimate blog
- Why it is important to cooperate with your website operators
- How to deal with language versions and internationalised versions
- The essential things you need to build into every site you own
Summary of the lesson: Improving the Results You Control
In this lesson, Jason shows you how to optimise every page of your website that ranks on the first page of search results. But it’s also important to optimise your web pages even if they don’t rank on page 1, because they are still useful and valuable to your audience, and provide an additional positive signal to Google.
Jason also explains that optimising results you control can go beyond your main website, since you can optimise all the sites you control. Properly optimising the relevant pages on all the websites you control ensures that your brand message is accurate on your Brand SERP and that your brand is consistent across all Google’s search results.
Jason also talks about the benefits and dangers inherent in blogs. He explains that a cheap, spammy blog is a bad idea whether it’s on your website, a subdomain, or another domain you own. In the context of credibility, it looks unprofessional to your audience and spammy to Google, both of which are bad for credibility. A well-thought out, relevant and reputable blog is a good idea because it will rank on your Brand SERP, and that looks great to your audience.
This process of optimising results you control 8serves as a safety buffer since they will help push other, less predictable results further down your Brand SERP.
As always, Jason Barnard (The Brand SERP Guy) explains the techniques, tactics and strategies in video format, with accompanying slides to better illustrate his explanations. All lessons offer English subtitles, so the lessons are easy to follow, even if English isn’t your first language. Jason provides additional resources from around the web so that you can expand your learning beyond Brand SERPs!
What’s in each lesson in this course?
- Introduction (Brand SERPs Foundation Course)
- Optimising Your Homepage
- Triggering and Optimising Rich Sitelinks
- Improving the Results You Control
- Improving Your Social Accounts
- Improving Other Results You Partially Control
- Improving the Results You do not Control
- SEO Tactics You’ll Need
- Optimising Google Ads
- Tactics to Avoid and Mistakes Not to Make