In this lesson, you’ll learn how to improve results on your Brand SERP that you have no control over.
What you will learn in this lesson:
- The importance of building relationships with the people behind the results
- How can you develop a positive relationship with them
- Smart and savvy tips and tricks to easily start a conversation naturally
- Tips for creating engaging email outreach copy
- How to convince them to help you with your Brand SERP
- How to get people you don’t know on your side
Summary of the lesson: Improving the Results You Do Not Control
In this lesson, you’ll learn how to successfully improve results on your Brand SERP which you have no control over. Since you have no control over the result, you’d imagine there is nothing you can do. But just because you can’t change it yourself, that does not mean you can’t act and improve this result.
You’ll also learn how building a good relationship with the people behind the content can improve the outcomes you have no control over. If you want to convince someone to change something on their site to help you, then you should definitely start by building a relationship.
With a good relationship, you can ask them to change the content on that page and thus the representation of your brand it portrays in your Brand SERP. First and foremost, you will need to try to convince them to change the meta title and meta description so that the message on your Brand SERP is super positive and accurate.
In this lesson, Jason Barnard explains the importance of starting a conversation to build a positive relationship between you and the people behind the content. He explains the best ways to approach the beginning of the relationship: email, phone call, social media, or a face to face meeting. Easy! But what are the strategies? How do you approach them to give yourself the best chance of success?
Jason shows you in this lesson how important it is to provide value to these people so that they want to help you. But he also explains some of the more common disastrous mistakes many people make when starting this work. You only have one shot, so you need to get it right first time if you want to make your Brand SERPs look better in the long run.
As always, Jason Barnard (The Brand SERP Guy) explains the techniques, tactics and strategies in video format, with accompanying slides to better illustrate his explanations. All lessons offer English subtitles, so the lessons are easy to follow, even if English isn’t your first language. Jason provides additional resources from around the web so that you can expand your learning beyond Brand SERPs!
What’s in each lesson in this course?
- Introduction (Brand SERPs Foundation Course)
- Optimising Your Homepage
- Triggering and Optimising Rich Sitelinks
- Improving the Results You Control
- Improving Your Social Accounts
- Improving Other Results You Partially Control
- Improving the Results You do not Control
- SEO Tactics You’ll Need
- Optimising Google Ads
- Tactics to Avoid and Mistakes Not to Make