This lesson will teach you how to optimise the Homepage of your website for your audience and for Google.
What you will learn in this lesson:
- How to write a great page title
- How to write a description that sells
- What content you should include on your homepage
- How to build the best navigation for your users
- How to decide whether your homepage needs to focus on brand or keywords
- What internal links you need to include on your homepage
- How to get your chosen image to appear in Google SERPs
- How to get Google to update your page quickly (and the pitfalls to avoid)
Summary of the lesson: Optimising Your Homepage
In this lesson, we will assume that your homepage appears at the top of organic search results and just about everyone who googles your name sees it. It’s important to bear in mind who the people searching for your brand are. They could be customers, prospects, potential employees, partners, suppliers, distributors, investors… In short, people who are doing business with you or thinking about doing business with you. This is your A-list audience and these are the most important people to your business and your bottom line.
Google uses your website homepage content for the first result of your Brand SERP. It is absolutely vital that the first message your audience sees at the top of your Brand SERP conveys a clear, concise, and compelling message. Most brands imagine that their homepage is perfectly optimised, but that’s often not the case, especially in the context of a Brand SERP. In this lesson, you will learn the tips and tricks on how to improve your homepage.
It is very important that your audience can clearly see the description of your brand offering and your unique selling proposition first on the SERP and then on your homepage. That way, you will convince people that your brand is the best solution for them. The tricks and tips that Jason provides in this lesson deal with how to make sure you have a positive, clear and convincing homepage that convinces both Google and your A-list audience. How to craft a great page title, write a description that sells, create the best navigation and provide high-quality images that will make a big impact on your audience when they google your brand.
As always, Jason Barnard (The Brand SERP Guy) explains the techniques, tactics and strategies in video format, with accompanying slides to better illustrate his explanations. All lessons offer English subtitles, so the lessons are easy to follow, even if English isn’t your first language. Jason provides additional resources from around the web so that you can expand your learning beyond Brand SERPs!
What’s in each lesson in this course?
- Introduction (Brand SERPs Foundation Course)
- Optimising Your Homepage
- Triggering and Optimising Rich Sitelinks
- Improving the Results You Control
- Improving Your Social Accounts
- Improving Other Results You Partially Control
- Improving the Results You do not Control
- SEO Tactics You’ll Need
- Optimising Google Ads
- Tactics to Avoid and Mistakes Not to Make